AGM 2008 - Chairman's Report
Ian Harford opened the meeting by giving a special welcome to new members and referring to the new AGM venue at Heaton Sports Club, which would be used for other meetings in the future. In his report he wanted to talk about activities SCoM had successfully maintained in the last 12 months, about important new developments and trends and about our response to these changes.
He outlined the wide range of activities that the Club had maintained:
- Main holidays to Val d'Isère (50 members) and Meribel (20)
- Steady attendance at social evening & talks at The Belfry
- Ski Keep Fit classes at Urmston, October - February
- Summer programme - including End of season party & BBQ
- Walks in Lake District, Derbyshire and Wales
- Successful delivery of the regular Newsletter and updated Website
Secondly he wanted to congratulate the Club on new developments:
- Regular monthly activities at the Chill Factore slope at Trafford Park
- Training courses & successful Xmas meal held at the Chill Factore
- Extended scope of the website and new members attracted
- Achievement of organizational accreditation via Trafford Clubmark
- The drafting of a new 3 year Development Plan for 2008 2011
He indicated that a lot of the work of the Club and of new activities was falling upon a few shoulders and that he would welcome receiving offers of assistance from other members of the Club.
He concluded by saying that SCoM had had a good year - membership was increased, the range of activities organized had grown and a major centre of activities had been established at the Chill Factore, which was helping to promote the club and recreational skiing across the region. He wanted to thank all the Committee members for their support and in particular referred to the work undertaken by the Secretary, Alan Brown and the Treasurer Brian Richards.