Ski Club of Manchester, Winter Walk
Sunday 11th February 2018
Leader: Frances Taylor
The walk will start from the Village Hall car park in the picturesque village of Slaidburn in the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire.
Grid reference SD 714 524. For satellite navigation use the post code BB7 3ES or follow the directions below.
- If coming on A59 from west towards Clitheroe take A671 into Clitheroe.
- At roundabout take right fork to stay on main road under the railway bridge on Waddington Road B6478 through Waddington.
- Continue on B6478 go through Newton and up to T-junction.
- Go right signposted Slaidburn.
- In Slaidburn turn right at The Hark to Bounty Pub on the B6478 towards Long Preston.
The Village Hall is just past the cafe on the right by the river where there is free parking. Should this car park be full, there is a pay and display a little further along the road. Fee is £2.10 for 8 hours. Toilets at the pay and display.
Meeting time is 09:30 09:45 to start walking by 10:00.
We will walk up to Stocks Reservoir and then join the Stocks Circular Walk which circumnavigates the reservoir and goes a little bit north up the Hodder Valley.
It is about 9 10 miles in length on mainly good paths with about 1000ft of ascent.
Please wear good walking footwear and bring waterproofs and a packed lunch. Tea will be available afterwards in the cafe near the car parks.
Please let Frances Taylor know you if you are coming firstname.lastname@example.org